Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE HORDE TTT GMOD - 216.52.143.166:27015

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Left 4 Dead

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Creamy

Creamy

Left 4 Dead Empty
PostSubject: Left 4 Dead   Left 4 Dead I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:34 pm

LOL I am so pissed off look I got this error and I went on forums and posted you can read for yourself.

Soz a bit long :O ........ but im in a fucking rage tbh only played the game for 2 days WANT MORE !!

Guys this is starting to bug me so much. Please someone help me out with this.

I own a nice new rig with CoreDuo 3.0Ghz a Nvidia Geforce XFX 260 4GB of RAM 560GB of memory with Windows XP 32bit.

I open steam log in, all happy about to play L4D open the game watch the adverts and the trailer and everything and then when its loading it closes and says
Engine Error
No permission to run "Left 4 Dead"

It happends everytime. What is annoying is that Steam has a solution to this wich I have seen on their support page. But their solution dont do anything. You can check it out for yourself :
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2008-ULBN-0189

I did everything and actually went into safe mode and for every account on this pc I put it all in "full control" as dirceted to from steam support page so all the accounts on the list there have all permission even though I dont log in as theres only 1 account, but somehow that list in safemode displays 5 but that dont matter.Did that a few times double checked it then went to see if they game was workin started it up skipped the adverts and the trailer, soon as it started loading BAM the error poped out the shit hole.

Im sorry I am in a bit of rage only had the game for 2 days really want to play just got addicted to it and now cant play i hope you dont have to feel the same.

The only thing that worked was I deleted all my games of Steam CSS which had HLSS added which took ages to do and I deleted L4D and another 3 games. So i lost everything the ip's and the whole lot. I went and installed Steam again completley fresh new and empty installed Left 4 Dead started playing and it actually worked so I played for an hour or so had to close the game went out, came back in 2 hours thought I would play it again and then the error came up AGAIN I was like WTF really?? Guys im litterally beggin someone to help, I wish steam had a helpline or something.

I have been all over the place looking on forums for a whole day and got nothing out of it. Steam forum admins wont activate my account so I can post....

Please guys I know this happends on other games but I havent found this problem on any forum with anyone else. Can someone that knows post back on this or just help me out please its getting irratating.

Much thanks Very Happy
Arthur
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/creams
KansasCity

KansasCity

Left 4 Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Left 4 Dead I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Steam Support. Contact them. They may take a couple days but they will solve almost everything.
Back to top Go down
[Fluffy|Bunny]

[Fluffy|Bunny]

Left 4 Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Left 4 Dead I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Blah. I tried that when I had problems with a game...I waited a week, called them again and they said they never talked to me.
Back to top Go down
https://thehordeclan.forumotion.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofil
Creamy

Creamy

Left 4 Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Left 4 Dead I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Problem is I cant find the email or number were to even call them.
Maybe I was in rage thats why I duno...
Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead Empty
PostSubject: lmao   Left 4 Dead I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:51 pm

I HAD the same problem once with my css and i had to delete all i had and reinstall
Back to top Go down
Creamy

Creamy

Left 4 Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Left 4 Dead I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:03 pm

Yea well just as advice to everyone. If you ever get the same problem as in it comes up "No permission to run the game" then what you do is ; go to your Steam folder and look for a file called ClientRegistry.blob it should be in the steam folder dont need to open anything else up, delete that folder of there but while you are doing that your Steam has to be closed and after you deleted it just start steam back up. It will update automatically and should solve the problem. After all it solved the problem for me.

ClientRegistry.blob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Left 4 Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Left 4 Dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead
Page 1 of 1