Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE HORDE TTT GMOD - 216.52.143.166:27015

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Duke nukem forever

Go down 
+5
Creamy
waffles
angry vegetable
Killer_Beast
dastig
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dastig

dastig

Duke nukem forever  Empty
PostSubject: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Duke Nukem Forever was a computer game that had been under development by 3D Realms since its announcement on April 28th, 1997, originally slated to use the (then) state of the art Quake II 3D engine. A few months later, screen shots were published in PC Gamer magazine, along with an intended release date of mid-1998. Excitement grew in May of 1998 when a few short video clips of Duke Nukem Forever were shown at E3... Surely a final release of the game was right around the corner!

Just about when mid-1998 arrived (June, specifically) 3D Realms announced they were changing 3D engines to Epic's Unreal engine. George Broussard, the producer and co-creator of the Duke Nukem series insisted that this change would not cause any significant delay, despite all logic pointing to the contrary. Also at this point, Broussard assured everyone Duke Nukem Forever would see a 1999 release.

1999 came and went, Duke Nukem Forever saw another engine change, this time to an updated version of the same Unreal engine they were working on. 3D Realms even released a Duke Nukem Christmas card, insinuating a 2000 release. Not surprisingly, the year 2000 came and went without Duke Nukem Forever. Another Christmas card was released, this time hinting at a 2001 release.

In the summer of 2001, 3D Realms released the most substantial proof to date that Duke Nukem Forever has ever existed in any form
In 2002, 3D Realms hired new programmers, and decided instead of switching to another 3D engine, they would just develop their own, making this the fourth engine change since the initial announcement of the game. Broussard eventually came out to say that at this point, "95%" of the already designed levels had been scraped, and had they remained on track they would have been "two years" off from releasing Duke Nukem Forever under the Unreal engine.

In early 2003, the CEO of Take Two, 3D Realms' publisher announced Duke Nukem Forever would be released by the end of the year. This eventually changed to "by the end of 2004" and then "in the beginning of 2005." In September of 2004, GameSpot.com revealed a rumor that Duke Nukem Forever had made its fifth 3D engine change, this time using the Quake III engine. Broussard denied the rumor, but announced only a few days later that they had switched to a different physics engine for the game.

Duke Nukem Forever news in the years to follow was limited to rumblings on forums and mostly consisted of drama between 3D Realms and Take Two which wasn't very interesting. During this time, the only thing we've even saw that provided any proof that anything was even happening with Duke Nukem Forever is a small (and I mean SMALL) 200x125 image of a supposed screen shot which was posted on several 3D Realms job postings online.

A Duke Nukem Forever teaser was released on the 19th of December, 2007. Along with it came the normal "blah blah blah, when it's done" we've heard before

Off official site

The release date of this game is "When it's done". Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period.

And last is this video a interview with the voice actor

Vid came out in 1/9/10

Last is anyone buying this game because its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, But i'm all out of gun ;] I am

Last edited by dastig on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Killer_Beast

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:03 pm

seriously who the hell is gunna read all of that
Back to top Go down
angry vegetable

angry vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:04 pm

I'm not reading that unless you pay me
Back to top Go down
waffles

waffles

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:05 pm

angry vegetable wrote:

10 bucks?
Back to top Go down
Creamy

Creamy

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:07 pm

I cost 15$.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/creams
dastig

dastig

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Lol I didn't even read it all so.....20
Back to top Go down
angry vegetable

angry vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:17 pm

waffles wrote:
angry vegetable wrote:

10 bucks?

if you change your name to pancakes I'll read it
Back to top Go down
dastig

dastig

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:18 pm

angry vegetable wrote:
waffles wrote:
angry vegetable wrote:

10 bucks?

LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
FlashHopper

FlashHopper

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Readed it all, but i already knew all of that.

Duke Nukem Forever will take Forever to make Wink

It'll never come out Smile
Back to top Go down
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Shit's been vaporware to me for a while now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.ca
waffles

waffles

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:26 am

angry vegetable wrote:
waffles wrote:
angry vegetable wrote:

10 bucks?

deal
Back to top Go down
Chainzaw

Chainzaw

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:42 am

TO LONG, DID NOT READ.
Back to top Go down
Adrian

Adrian

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:41 pm

TL;DR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke nukem forever    Duke nukem forever  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke nukem forever
Page 1 of 1