Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE HORDE TTT GMOD - 216.52.143.166:27015

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you can't open Steam up.. read this!

Go down 
+2
Chainzaw
Ahmet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ahmet

Ahmet

If you can't open Steam up.. read this! Empty
PostSubject: If you can't open Steam up.. read this!   If you can't open Steam up.. read this! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:40 am

Ok so, after i came from school today and i went to my PC to own some in cs:s i double clicked Steam and waited for it to launch. It said updating, and then it said "Steam is temproriry unavaliable, please try later." I was like WTF?? then i called my friend via Skype because he had the same problem. Then we did some researh and found out that the new BETA UI caused this to happen. To fix this problem:

PLEASE do not go off the topic, only post here if this did help you, or not

1. Goto Start, select all programs, goto Accessories or what language you have.
2. click on "Run" which will get you to Pop a winow up in bottom left corner.
3. type in: regedit (no spaces or anything just the shit)
4. after that it will ask you some security shit, in case you have vista.
5. a bigger window will pop up, on the left side there will be a tab or folder w/e called: HKEY_CURRENT_USER Click on that.
6. Click on Software in the lower tab.
7. Click on Valve, Steam and then BETA.
8. When your on the BETA folder you will se a few thing on the left window, all you need to do is to select them all and delete them, on some, one file will remain on some the whole thing will delete. It doesnt matter though it works anyways.
9. You can exit all of that and use steam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chainzaw

Chainzaw

PostSubject: Re: If you can't open Steam up.. read this!   If you can't open Steam up.. read this! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:53 am

re-instelled
Back to top Go down
Ahmet

Ahmet

PostSubject: Re: If you can't open Steam up.. read this!   If you can't open Steam up.. read this! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:14 am

Chainzaw wrote:
re-instelled

If you re-install steam, i am pretty sure you will loose your binds, maps, games(not sure) Favourites and History servers and stuff so you need to make them all back again.
Back to top Go down
Chainzaw

Chainzaw

PostSubject: Re: If you can't open Steam up.. read this!   If you can't open Steam up.. read this! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:41 am

Yep, I dont care tho...to lazy to find another way to fix it...
Back to top Go down
dastig

dastig

PostSubject: Re: If you can't open Steam up.. read this!   If you can't open Steam up.. read this! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:46 pm

LOL I been using the beta and its working ok for me well its not beta anymore I do believe its not perma Very Happy
Back to top Go down
J Wall

J Wall

PostSubject: Re: If you can't open Steam up.. read this!   If you can't open Steam up.. read this! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Or a shorter fix to a temporary problem is -clearbeta in a Steam shortcut.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jwall.biz/
BankaiNick

BankaiNick

PostSubject: Re: If you can't open Steam up.. read this!   If you can't open Steam up.. read this! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Or.. I had beta already and it was cool and all. It haappened to me yesteraday and i just kept clicking restart and it worked. When i said restart i mean retry connection
Back to top Go down
Suave145

Suave145

PostSubject: Re: If you can't open Steam up.. read this!   If you can't open Steam up.. read this! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:47 pm

or you can delete the AppUpdateStats.blob and ClientRegistry.blob and then open up steam again
...... easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you can't open Steam up.. read this!   If you can't open Steam up.. read this! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you can't open Steam up.. read this!
Page 1 of 1